When a protested bill of exchange has been resolved, you can use a to settle the protested bill of exchange. A new transaction is created that has a status with reference to the protested bill of exchange.

Note Note

To complete the bill of exchange cycle, you must remit and settle the redrawn bill of exchange. For more information, see Remit a bill of exchangeand Settle a bill of exchange.

  1. Click > > > .

  2. Create a journal and click .

  3. Select the customer account for the invoice that corresponds to the bill of exchange that is being redrawn.

  4. Click > to open the form.

  5. On the tab, select an open, protested transaction.

  6. Close the form.

  7. In the form, click the tab. Verify that the information is correct.

  8. Click > .

The redrawn bill of exchange, and a related line with a status and a sequence number of 2 or greater, is shown in the inquiry form. In the inquiry form, the number in the row is increased, and the number in the row is decreased.

When the journal is posted, the Bill of exchange summary account is debited and the Protested bill of exchange summary account is credited.

Note Note

If you receive an error message that mentions posting restrictions, you might be set up to post only journals that you created. For more information, see Posting restrictions (form).

See Also