The ActionStatus_LogError() function of the form syListObj is used to log a specific error for a list action.
ActionStatus_LogError(action_status_ID, sequence_number, error_text, error_value, reference_field, user_defined_data)
• action_status_ID – This is the ActionStatusID component from the list_object composite that manages state information for the list.
• sequence_number – This is the 'Error Sequence Number' component from the list_object composite that manages state information for the list.
• error_text – A string that specifies the text of the error being logged.
• error_value – A long integer that specifies the numeric representation of the error being logged. Often, this is a value from the err() function.
• reference_field – This is a reference to the field that identifies the list item for which the error is being logged. Typically, it refers to a field in the main table used for the list.
• user_defined_data – A composite field of type ListStatusLineUserDefData that is used to store additional user-defined data associated with the error that occurred. This information can later be used by the ActOnActionError procedure for the list to perform additional actions for the list item that encountered the error.
A long integer containing the sequence for the logged error.